Looking back on many of my previous posts I notice a concurrent theme: a lack of time!
It seems there are definitely not enough hours in the day. However, I have stolen back an hour out of my busy life to update this page quickly.
What has been happening I hear you ask. My reply would be quite a lot since my last post in March. I will try to summarise this to prevent boredom 🙂 in no particular order other than the order it springs to mind..
1. Madalaine had her birthday in June. – She had a craft party with 8 of her friends, followed by a sleepover for 6. For the craft party I attempted to keep it simple and ordered supplies from Yellow Moon. It was great fun! I have to admit to being nervous about having 6 children sleeping over and did not expect much sleep. I was pleasantly surprised that by 12am, all children were still friends; there had been no emotional breakdowns and all children were sound asleep! I went to bed with what felt like one eye and ear open. Despite the initial morning grumpiness, there were interesting accounts of who nodded off first etc. Thanks to tactful activity planning we all survived until parents/carers arrived…
Then took a deep breath! Ahhhhhh.
2. The end of 1st year at Uni. – After weeks of running around like a headless chicken, wishing I had more time, wishing I lived closer and did not have such a long commute: the semester was done. Finished. Ended. It felt a little peculiar not being in such a rush anymore.. and I have to say I do miss some of my friends. However, September is fast approaching so I shall not wish the summer away. I passed all my modules, with the exception of French, for which I have a resit in August. I never was good with languages, but I really must get my head in gear with this. Any tips would be warmly welcomed! I picked my modules for the next two semesters and in geekish Kat style I am quite excited about them!
3. Alright doll-face.. – Shell turned me into a doll as part of her college project.. It was actually great fun and I would do it again in a shot! The idea was to create a complete look of a living doll. It was the first time I have used contacts properly, but I think they looked brilliant! She has such a talent!
4. Sam is as crazy as ever – and has her hair shaved into a blonde Mohawk. She actually suits it. That girl can get away with everything ❤
5. School Holidays!! – Yep, Madalaine is looking forward to her long break from school. So far this has consisted of spending almost a week at her Nana and Papa’s house and going for a 15mile cycle run, tennis lessons, trips to the beach, her friend’s birthday party (who’s Mum always make fantastic cake!) and lots of time spent playing out in the sun. Sam and I are looking into relatively cheap holidays away at the moment. I would like to go somewhere warm, relaxing and pretty. I think I will blame my parents for this as we went to Cornwall and Devon a lot as kids. So watch this space for updates on holidays! Hopefully.
So much for a summary 😉 hope to post soon! I have a few crafty things I would like to post separately about so come back soon 😀 xxxx